Friday, January 1, 2016

A New Year


2016 is here. It's here and I couldn't be more excited. The reason I'm so happy is because I feel very accomplished in having had a super successful 2015. This past year I kicked school in the tail, discovered my love for accounting (leading me to a change of major), and just generally did what I love to do. I have never been more satisfied with a completed year in my life.

Here are a few photos that highlight my 2015. This year I saw the beauty in every place I went, adopted a cat, catered a wedding, and wrestled with the fact that my sister is moving away from me. 



New Year's Eve was by the numbers at my home this year. My family and I made snacks, watched a movie, and played poker.  We played Hold Em with my Pa's old monogrammed chips and I think he'd cringe to witness my poor poker skills. I made spicy chard and Italian sausage pizza for snack time.  It's my favorite way to go out of the year: with my four favorite people. This New Year's Eve I discovered I have a bit of a gambling problem, I should make pizza more often, and sparklers are so much fun.  





I haven't got a huge long list of resolutions for 2016, but I do have plans. I plan to seize every opportunity that is given to me. I will spend five weeks in Africa (more on this later.) I'm going to study hard, work hard, and love well. I'm hopeful for you, 2016. May you exceed the greatness 2015 has awarded me. 

Peace and love. XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment